Saturday, October 30, 2010

We all went down to Amsterdam


Amsterdam was fun, we were only there for 2 1/2 days so we didn't get to do a whole lot, but if you're not there to party, then there isn't really a lot to do. I had the best pancake I have had in my life (they are known for their pancakes, btw). This pancake was amazing. It was filled with bacon, sausage, cheese, mushrooms and then grilled (there is a picture above), yummy!!
We saw the Red Light District which was actually quite funny and interesting, and I think we all saw a few things that we really didn't want to see or hear :) We went to the Anne Frank House. By far (well besides the pancake) this was my favorite place to see in Amsterdam, I can't believe the things the family had to go through and it wasn't that long ago. We saw the Heineken factory and went to a wax museum as well. We got our pictures taken with quite a few celebrities that were visiting too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want that pancake! Did you figure out how to make it? Incredible trip.

Bridgette said...

No I didn't, but I think it's a crepe style pancake with the stuff plopped in and then another layer of crepe on top. Somehow they make it crispy though...so I don't know but it was delicious!